Monday, August 8, 2011

On the Verge

I've been "on the verge" of starting a blog for some time now. I hesitate for various reasons. Do I have time? Do I want to commit to this? Do I really want to post thoughts, feelings and impressions? Do I HAVE any interesting thoughts, feelings or impressions that are worth posting (probably not)? And so here I am. Taking a leap. I promised myself at the beginning of this year that I was going to try to get back in touch with my creative side (if it's still there). I used to be an ardent journal writer but I put that aside when I got engaged. I must have been too tired after spending all my time with my sweet honey to think about writing about our adventures. So now, 21 years and 5 kids later, it's time I got back to this, I think. This is more for myself than anyone. I've never been all that great about expressing myself verbally but I can usually do a pretty good job on paper. I guess that's because it gives me time to think about it. For years I've had some of the grandest conversations in my head about all kinds of things but I think now it is time to let some of that spill out in print.

I am a Mom on the Verge. On the verge of what is the question. On the verge of greatness or insanity ( I think we all straddle that one from time to time)? On the verge of losing weight or on the verge of going up a dress size? On the verge of tears or on the verge of being thrilled? On the verge of sheer illumination and intelligence or on the verge of complete stupidity and humiliation? The truth is, I think we are all on the verge of something. Life just seems to put us there over and over again. It's just the cycle of things both good and bad. There is always something just around the corner. Waiting. Waiting for us to come experience it.

3 comments: